PTS’ Data Center Storage Needs Analysis Service is a comprehensive requirements analysis of a client’s future storage needs including required capacity, performance, data recoverability, management strategy, governance, and security requirements.
PTS’ Needs Analysis Service is the first step in understanding the data storage requirements of an organization. PTS identifies and documents the storage requirements for an organization as a result of interviews with all project stakeholders. Storage requirements for an organization have many influencers, including the affects of homogeneous growth, mergers and acquisitions, facility consolidations, etc.
The goal of this service is to fully understand the future requirements of the client’s new or upgraded network storage systems. PTS can perform this service standalone or in combination with a Storage Site Survey Service in preparation for providing a Technology Roadmap and/or systems design that aligns storage needs with current storage capabilities, and ultimately meets long term client requirements. The storage needs analysis survey reviews:
- Storage capacity requirements to meet long term needs
- Recoverability expectations in terms of recovery time and recovery point objectives
- Needed structuring of near- and off-line storage for survivability and ease of access to data
- Security needed to maintain data storage integrity
- Expected storage complexity
- Storage spending as a percentage of total IT budget
The Needs Analysis – Storage & Data Protection Service serves as a future requirements creation phase in the progression of the data center project process.
|Interview information technology management stakeholders and storage users to determine future needs||Comprehensive interview process gathers information from all client stakeholders in an objective manner eliminating political agendas|
|Determine online, near line and off line storage requirements, application storage requirements and existing design to meet those requirements||Establishes range of technology options available based on requirements for speed, total storage and budget|
|Understand overall recovery time objective (RTO) and recovery point objective (RPO)||Allows analysis of business continuity and disaster recovery objectives and provides information needed in order to complete an appropriate storage design|
|Establish baseline requirements for future storage infrastructure and understand expected changes to that baseline||Develop framework for decision making related to storage infrastructure in support of emerging applications and database requirements within the enterprise|
|Review of potential costs and cost savings made possible by virtualizing various IT infrastructure within the enterprise||Provides insights necessary within the IT and storage infrastructure to support new and emerging database and applications requirements for the enterprise|
To learn more about PTS’ Storage Consulting Services, contact us or visit:
- iSCSI Storage, IT Storage & Data Protection Consulting
- IT Assessment Service – Storage & Data Protection
- IT Network Attached Storage, Storage Area Network & Data Protection Consulting
- IT Network Storage & Data Protection Consulting
- IT Planning – Technology Roadmap – Storage & Data Protection
- IT Server Storage, Storage Area Network & Data Protection Consulting
- IT Site Survey Service (Architecture & Infrastructure – Storage & Data Protection)
- SAN Appliance Consulting
- SAN Storage & Data Protection Consulting
- SCSI SAN & Data Protection Consulting
- SCSI SAN, Storage & Data Protection Consulting
To learn more about recommended virtualization solutions visit PTS Data Center Infrastructure to search by manufacturer, product, product category, or solution.